Thursday, January 11, 2007

Is our children learning? Oops, wrong speech.

So yesterday I took a break from math homework to watch the president give his speech to the country. I thought that he seemed rather nervous and pale at the beginning, but got a bit more relaxed as it went on. In the speech, he discussed his plan of bringing 21,500 more troops into Iraq, mainly the Baghdad area, to help quell sectarian violence. The entire speech focused on this idea, but some standout moments in my mind were when President Bush said that mistakes had been made and he took responsibility for them, which I really appreciated, and when he mentioned Iran and Syria, which sort of threw me for a loop as I wasn't expecting them to be mentioned.

I also kept the channel on to watch the democratic response, which was just what I had expected: against the plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home